FlipSurf® wake shaper is designed to attach to the rear starboard or port side of the boat and deflects water away from the boat opposite the surfer. This allows the surf-side wake to curl over for the perfect wake.
FlipSurf® should only be used with inboard boats only. FlipSurf® requires a 6.5 inch x 15 inch relatively flat surface on your boat. FlipSurf® is designed to handle the contours of your boat and is compatible with most boats on the market. See our installation video for more description on how much space is required to attach FlipSurf®. FlipSurf® comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee so if it does not fit your boat or you are unsatisfied in any way, send FlipSurf® back in the original packaging and we will refund your money.
Yes. If you decide you need want to remove the mounting brackets they can be removed. The back side of the mounting brackets have a small gap where there is no tape. Insert a plastic putty knife or something similar that will not scratch your boat and use a small pry bar to slowly and carefully peel the mounting bracket off the boat. Do not rush. Low heat can be applied to aid in the removal. Be careful to not add too much heat and damage your boat. The tape will peel cleanly off the boat and, if removed properly, will not damage your boat surface. Removing the mounting bracket will likely bend it and will require new mounting brackets.
Yes, we can replace any part of FlipSurf®. Send us an email at email@example.com with your order details and describe what part needs to be replaced and we will provide the cost for the replacement part.
No, Isopropyl alcohol will not damage your gel coat. If your boat is dirty prior to installing the mounting brackets, clean the boat with soap and warm water first. Dry and then finish off by a gentle scrub with isopropyl alcohol.
No. Do not tether FlipSurf® to the boat as this can damage the boat and/or FlipSurf®. If installed properly, FlipSurf® will not come off your boat. FlipSurf® has been engineered to magnetically and mechanically attach to your boat so you don’t have to worry about it coming off when using it.
To get the best surf wake possible, you should evenly weight both sides of your boat with ballasts. The more water your boat displaces, the larger your wake will be. There is no need to list your boat or make everyone pile to one side.
FlipSurf® can work if it is partially out of the water or if it is fully submerged under water. However, you can adjust your ballast if needed to ensure you are able to have FlipSurf® as close to the water level as possible. See our installation video for more details on where to install FlipSurf®.
Normal surf speeds range from 9 to 13 mph. FlipSurf® should be removed from the mounting brackets when going at speeds above 15 mph. Although FlipSurf® has been tested at speeds well over 15 mph, we cannot warranty damage due to excessive speeds.
Yes, FlipSurf® is designed to float in case you drop it or it if it does happen to come off your boat.
- When turning your boat around, if possible, keep your FlipSurf® on the outside of the turn. For example, if your FlipSurf® is attached to the right side of the boat, turn left when turning around to pick up a surfer.
- Do not collapse the FlipSurf® and leave it attached to the mounting bracket. Always remove FlipSurf® when not surfing.
- FlipSurf® is designed to stay attached to the boat when moving but when the boat stops, it is designed to come off the mounting bracket for easy removal. If you stop and a large wavecomes from behind the boat or the boat is rocking due to choppy water or large waves, make sure the wave did not push the FlipSurf®
off the mounting bracket.
- When going in reverse, make sure your FlipSurf® remains securely attached to the mounting bracket. FlipSurf® will remain attached to the bracket when moving forward but may come off when going in reverse.
- If you start going forward and your wave does not grow and curl over by the time you hit 9 mph, your FlipSurf® may have come off the bracket and you need to stop and pick it back on. If your wave does not look amazing, stop and check that your FlipSurf® is still attached.
- Do not leave your FlipSurf® out in direct sunlight or exposed to high temperatures for extended periods of time when it is not in use.
We offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. We promise you’ll love our product but if for some reason you are unsatisfied, send it back in the original packaging and we will refund your money. We also offer a 1 year manufacturer warrantee. If your product breaks due to normal wear and tear we will replace it free of charge.
You should receive an email with your purchase confirmation and a separate email with tracking information once your product has shipped. Product usually ships same day if the order is placed by 3:00 PM MST, but will always ship within 24 hours. If you did not receive an email with your tracking number, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your purchase details and we can provide the tracking number.
Strong, Effective, Convenient
No other wave maker provides you with the same level of excellence. Spend more time surfing with less to worry about.
We offer the most competitive price for the quality of our product. Order yours today. If you’re not satisfied in your first month of use, we’ll refund you the full price back to your account.